Business Compliance Manager (Senior Associate/Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth due diligence background checks and screening on prospects, clients and counterparties to identify the risks of the client or counterparty
- Work with Business and Compliance to ensure onboarding submission is of high AML quality and account is opened within the SLA.
- Conduct reviews of existing clients to ensure their biodata remains updated
- Organize Quarterly meetings and focus group training to align front office practices with current procedures.
- Deliver regular progress reports to senior management
- Handle the alerts arising from the periodic screening of the bank's customer database
- Identifies and investigate a suspicious activity or prospect or client, and make necessary recommendations to senior management to file the appropriate suspicious transaction reports to CAD and MAS/ HKMA.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct periodic reviews of KYC and CDD information of existing relationships including but not limited to higher risk relationships and financial intermediaries.
- Investigation of suspicious transactions surfaced during periodic review.
- Liaise with relationship managers / business managers for issues and deficiencies identified during review.
- Update and implement periodic review processes.
- Conduct internal training for staff in front office.
- Guide team members in conducting the onboarding and periodic review.
- Lead projects or process improvements assigned by management.
- Consolidate review findings and Group management reports to Senior Management.
- Collation of statistics.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in AML and client review in a private banking environment.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the risks and suspicious activities typical of private banking clients.
- Experienced in investigating suspicious transactions.
- Familiar with excel and preparation of statistics for reporting.
- University degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent, or higher education.