The Senior Auditor for ICFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting; aka SOX) will be responsible for the execution of the client's Annual testing compliance plan for compliance with the NAIC Model Audit Rule ("MAR") internal control certifications. This role specifically will include the assessment of the operating effectiveness of the Client's control environment across all functions of the client.
• Executes SOX/MAR and compliance engagements and monitors multiple portfolios of control testing activities, including the quality of work performed, timely completion, and communication with the business on issues or improvement actions.
• Assesses operating effectiveness for controls in scope for SOX/MAR Compliance under ICFR and Zurich SOX/ICFR guidelines.
• Assesses operating effectiveness of operation and compliance control under ICFR guidelines and procedures.
• Performs deficiency assessments and assist the business units with remediation plans.
• Maintains a solid understanding of the Internal Audit, Compliance and Accounting industry and applies the ICFR and Group SOX Standards in all work performed.
• Prepares ICFR documentation including, workpapers and reports where needed.
• Minimum 3–4 years' experience in auditing business financial controls (i.e., SOX); experience in a big four or national CPA firm preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong PC proficiency
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Strong ability to determine and report control deficiencies and their impact on the business
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of leadership
• Strong understanding of financial accounting, internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) and or SOX