Financial Analyst, Procurement - Demand Management
The Consultant on the Procurement Demand Management team is responsible, for partnering with procurement, the business units, and finance to attain expense reductions through business unit sponsored initiatives, negotiated savings, post sourcing savings, financial analysis and continuous process improvements. Works with relevant partners, across groups, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all information that is produced for both internal and external clients. In addition to interacting with multiple business partners, the role requires interacting with suppliers to develop category sourcing strategies and overall supplier relationship(s). The job requires reviewing contracts, sourcing plans, demand, usage, and forecasting to create financial models. The team manage global supply chain management and procurement projects. Responsible for creating value for the sourcing process and analytics. Leads the collection and analysis of data, and may lead pricing discussions & negotiations Uses specific knowledge of a discipline to achieve goals through own work. Has specific knowledge or expertise typically gained through formal education or equivalent experience. Uses expertise to provide guidance to others as a project manager or consultant. Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline. Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and clients. Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Serve as the point of contact for specific supplier relationships, may cross multiple business units and service areas
- Manages special projects and/or process improvement initiatives
- Identifies improvements to existing processes to further gain operational efficiency and productivity.
- Partners with category managers, product managers, business partners, and technical staff to understand requirements.
- Prepare / review reports and analyze to determine impacts, issues, and opportunities
- Work with procurement and shared services finance team to analyze and review suppliers
- Develop, present, and execute ad-hoc products
- Coordinate supplier strategic relationship reviews
- Develops category sourcing strategies and overall supplier relationship(s); providing input to pricing discussions
- Creates suggestions for improvements of global policies, programs and processes
- Carries out activities with financial, vendor, and/or internal business impact
- Works on projects and develops project leadership skills
- Solves problems in straightforward situations
- Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team
- Works within guidelines and policies
- Prior Accounting / Finance and supply chain management and procurement experience
- Strong technical finance and contracts background
- Financial analysis and modeling experience required
- A College or University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance and three to four years relevant work experience and knowledge of Sourcing or Procurement.
- Provides informal guidance to new team members
- Ability to create financial models based on contract requirements and financial data
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills in the performance calculation and/or reporting process
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of process and process improvement
- Approachable and able to promote teamwork through creative solutions
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies.
Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.