Asset Servicing Analyst 1
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
The Asset Servicing Analyst 1 is a professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job.
- This role will manage reconciling and processing positions related to Corporate Action events
- These activities include revisions of communications, notifications and facilitating postings for Corporate Action or Proxy events
- Supports a range of products/ services and projects in accordance with established systems and procedures, under general supervision
- Responsible for routine operational tasks focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation, and resolving problems that require investigation or research
- Performs multiple transactions of moderate complexity
- Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies to identify process improvements and support the implementation of projects
- Interprets data and contributes to recommendations for process improvement, and/or the launch of new products/ services and upgraded platforms
- Minimizes risk to the bank through knowledge of procedural requirements - understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Identifies policy gaps and makes suggestions to support the streamlining of related work processes
- Timely escalation of all requests / inquiries / issues / errors
- Develops a good understanding of products and processes, and industry practices and standards
- Applies a good knowledge of a wide range of specialized administrative/technical skills to monitor, analyze and/or evaluate processes and data; most of the impact is related to the accuracy of tasks performed, and the quality and timeliness of tasks that affect own team and closely related teams
- Applies a good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the wider team/working group
- Utilizes good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues and stakeholders, and to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ Years Related Experience
- Individuals at this level exhibit basic capabilities and are beginning to take on more responsibility
- Knowledge of multiple types of investment instruments including: Equity securities, Fixed Income and Asset Backed securities
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access- is desired)
- Proven success as a team player
- ACCA certificate would be an additional asset
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary; annual salary review; annual performance bonus
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.