Transaction Support (UKI) - Manager / Senior Manager - Dublin
Are you looking for your next challenge? At a time when the global business environment holds increasingly sophisticated strategic challenges, we know that how organisations manage their capital agenda today will define their competitive position tomorrow. Transaction Support which is part of the wider Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team is currently hiring at Manager and Senior Manager level in our Dublin office.
In Ireland, we have a growing team of 90 plus professionals. You'll help those clients to make better and more informed decisions about how they lead capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimise, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
You will have the opportunity to work on global and high-profile engagements as part of a market leading team, combined with significant development opportunities to step up and take early responsibility. Our projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of fields.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist clients throughout the entire transaction process and work closely with other specialists both within SaT and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
- Lead the analysis of the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management.
- Prepare and review analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact funding requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilising online tools and publicly available information
- Connect with specialists in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and communicate accordingly with clients.
- Lead the preparation of client results including excel databook analysis, reports, presentations and discussion packs
- Work effectively as a leading team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Build a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management and recruitment.
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial awareness gained through proven experience (either from within an Audit or Transaction Support role)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Demonstrated experience in leading effective teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, SAICA or equivalent
- Strong academic record including a degree in Accounting / Commerce or equivalent
- Validated experience in a Transaction Advisory Services role
- Excellent analytical, reporting, IT and interpersonal abilities
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Strong word, excel and PowerPoint skills
What we look for
If you understand capital and how to make it work harder, Strategy and Transactions will offer the career opportunities you’re looking for.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, mentorship and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer, and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.