Fund Administration & Accounting, AVP
- Assist with the Fund Administration sales process including: complete RFP/RFI responses, price new business deals, propose client fee schedules and present State Street qualifications to clients. Maintain pipeline of business activity and report to management on a bi-weekly basis.
- Collaborate with multiple bank teams (Client Service and Sector Sales) to update Salesforce for fund administration products and respective revenue.
- Lead onboarding process and mentor staff in leading the new business onboarding process by coordinating client meetings, managing the implementation project plan and coordinating the proper Fund Administration Operational teams to ensure client coverage and issue resolution.
- Provide business reviews of client fee schedules and contractual language. Collaborate with Legal on the timely preparation, review, negotiation and execution of appropriate legal documents.
- Monitor and analyze the P&L aspects of Fund Administration from initial bid and FTE estimates, to add-to-staff drivers, through to ongoing client and product / service profitability.
- Assist with leading new Fund Administration product launches by generating new ideas, enhancing existing products, following the NBPRA approval process, modeling product finances and developing sales materials resulting in ultimately revenue growth from the new product creation process.
- Assist in delivering relevant consultative guidance on SEC, IRS or GAAP issues while demonstrating State Street’s capabilities to meet a client’s needs for Fund Administration services.
- Collaborate with Global Sales, Client Relationship, Finance and Operational Business groups during the entire sales process to deliver high quality and compelling client proposals in order to win new business mandates for State Street.
- Assist with overall execution towards Specialized Products - Fund Administration business plan in assigned areas.
- Supervise, train and mentor subordinate direct and indirect reporting Fund Administration staff.
- Maintain relationships with key contacts in client organizations, staying abreast of client service delivery and satisfaction while understanding if there are opportunities to expand State Street services to the client.
- Assist in managing multiple sales deals, product development projects and client conversions while understanding the balance between keeping the work to oneself or delegating to other staff for their development.
- Participate in internal Sales/Product development committees as well as participate in industry events promoting State Street’s expertise and services.
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field. CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Seven+ years of Financial Services Industry experience, preferably with public accounting, audit firm or with a financial services provider.
- Experienced with SEC, IRS and GAAP accounting, compliance and industry regulations as they apply to investment products.
- Negotiation, managerial and leadership skills including excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to initiate, effectively manage and improve relationships, both within the company and with peers in the industry and current / prospective clients.
- Ability to act as a role model for staff.
- Serves on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Computer proficient. PC skills including all MS Office applications.
- Ability to travel for client proposals, industry events or to other State Street locations up to 10% of the time.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.