Consulting - Financial Services, Business Transformation (Banking and Capital Markets) - Manager
As part of the newly formed Business Transformation competency, EY is looking to expand its market presence within the Financial Services domain to help banks, securities companies, insurers, asset managers, asset servicers, asset owners and non-traditional FS players to align their business model to the new market realities and remain relevant for the time to come. Defining and implementing business transformation requires a combination of skills focused on driving broad, multi-disciplinary, front to back transformations with the client / consumer at the front and center. This marks a shift from the traditional approach to transformation, which is inward-driven, function-specific and focused on optimizing a single or narrow set of metrics, e.g. revenue, cost or control. Hence, we are looking for highly talented professionals who have experience with end to end transformations and redesigned client journeys, products, operating models, service delivery, middle/back office, controls, business enablers, etc.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead, structure and manage cross-functional business transformations, engage with client leadership and deliver results. Experience in large scale transformations is an added advantage
- Lead the delivery of business transformation engagements with a focus in areas of business process design and planning, customer experience and user journeys, operating model design, transformation project management etc.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to client personnel on strategic initiatives and transformations
- Manage and develop the team of consultants on engagements as well as on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with the service line leads (Partner and SMs) to help grow the competency, identify and execute the go-to-market approach and client coverage
- Assist in business development on select clients and help build and convert the pipeline
- Collaborate with other EY competencies to identify, develop and implement cross team offerings like Finance transformation, Risk transformation, Digital transformation, etc.
- Support development of EY thought leadership and points of view (POV) for Banking and Capital Markets sector
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or technology disciplines from a top-tier university
- 6+ years of consulting and / or industry experience in one or more Banking and Capital market sub-sectors – Retail Banking and / or SME Corporate or Commercial Banking and / or Capital Markets
- Led and delivered client engagements that identified problems, designed and implemented creative business and technology solutions for clients in in large scale transformation initiatives
- Excellent technical understanding of key functions across front, middle and back offices in Banking and Capital Markets sub-sectors and the technologies transforming them
- Strong understanding of business pursuit and proposal processes, with full lifecycle hands-on experience of running complex and strategic pursuits involving multiple jurisdictions
- Managed and developed team members through career planning and giving timely, relevant and constructive feedback as well as motivating and focusing the team on results
- Managed risk within the team by correctly identifying assignment risks, developing and implementing mitigation approaches in line with the firm’s QRM guidelines
- Fluency in English, with strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Fluency in Cantonese preferred, but not mandatory
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A can-do spirit with intellectual curiosity and passionate to make a genuine difference while embedding meaningful, measurable change for clients
- Proven project management experience with the ability to lead cross-functional teams. Preference towards candidates with experience with high-impact and complex programs
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, appropriate for senior executive level clients
- Good influencing skills and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Industry certifications on Six Sigma, Lean Management and Agile methodologies
- Exposure to a wide range of industry sectors, clients, business situations and competencies
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in builing a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.