Sr Specialist, External Reporting
Multiple Locations: Brussels, Belgium; Dublin, Ireland; Milano, Italy; Luxembourg, Luxembourg; Breda, Netherlands; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Frankfurt, Germany
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
The BNY Mellon SA/NV Finance department is a team of 20+ professionals based in Brussels, which provides financial accounting services. It is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department which consists of approximately 200 finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai
The BNY Mellon SA/NV Regulatory reporting team is a dedicated team within Finance responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns for BNY Mellon SA/NV.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
- Understanding, production and review of U.S. Title I Resolution Plan metrics (RLEN/RCEN, RLAP/RCAP) at Material Entity level. Ensuring alignment of globally calculated resolution metrics with locally produced financial data.
- Production of quarterly MREL and TLAC regulatory reporting returns within prescribed regulatory deadlines.
- Production and support of resolution related regulatory submissions such a Liability Data Report, Critical Functions Report and CIR Report.
- Assist with calibration and refinement of forecasting assumptions and methodologies
- Work in a strong operational control environment for data production and reporting e.g. certification, analytical review and checklists are carried out to the required level. Adherence to regulatory governance policies
- Work with other functional and business areas such as Corporate Treasury, Risk and Compliance, Legal and Business line management in the production of regulatory returns.
- Provide support to the projects to support the business in its objectives as regards to regulatory reporting and compliance with new regulatory rules and advisory work on business changes and restructures.
- Provide support to the manager supporting the business and business partners departments on the impact of new business and new regulatory rules
Other: Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of External Reporting requirements and procedures.
Perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the same field
- Accounting, Treasury, liquidity management and / or regulatory capital knowledge
- Deadline driven with a strong attention to detail
- Familiarity (or ability to quickly develop familiarity) with resolution plan regulatory guidance
- Ability to analyze large quantities of financial data, formulate conclusions and communicate these persuasively
- Experience of a fast moving, complex, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
- Analytical with an inquisitive/challenging mind set
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Experience of accounting systems and processes
- Controls experience
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.