Semi Senior Accountant - Full Study Package
This is an ideal opportunity for a part-qualified ATT, ACA or ACCA Trainee of Semi senior Accountant. This is an opportunity to join one of Kent's leading chartered accountancy practices as a Semi Senior accountant and to build a long term and successful career in an environment offering excellent exposure and on the job training.
Our client prides themselves on the expert professional advice they offer, akin to those delivered by much larger firms. They put emphasis on integrity and objectivity, as well as being a trustworthy and impartial firm. Providing a full range of accountancy services, they ensure their services are tailored to the nature of their clients.
The successful Accounts Semi Senior in the Ashford area will responsible for:
- Undertaking bookkeeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT.
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns, including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline.
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies (including service charge companies), sole traders and partnerships. To include completion of the accounts file, in accordance with our client's procedures and production of accounts on CCH Central Software for review by Managers.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary.
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the department or to provide additional assistance to clients.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years relevant previous experience within an accountancy practice and have completed or nearly completed their AAT qualification, looking to study the ACA or ACCA.
- Previous experience in bookkeeping, completing VAT returns and accounts preparation, having completed the AAT qualification (Professional Diploma in Accounting).
- Ideally, we are looking for a minimum of two to three years' relevant experience, or an ability to demonstrate the required technical knowledge to undertake the duties outlined above with minimal supervision. This will include a strong understanding of double entry accounting.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment both with one's colleagues and with and for the firm's Managers and Partners.
- Good organisation skills with the ability to multi task and assist on ad hoc assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, with a good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email.
- Ability to check for accuracy and give good attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, including experience of accounting software programs, Word, Excel and other Windows based systems.
Salary circa £20,000 - £23,000 depending on experience and qualification status.
Competitive benefits package.
Full study support if required.