The Executive Assistant to the CEO will ensure that the CEO has everything needed to fulfil their responsibilities on a day to day basis. They will be an ambassador for the CEO with responsibility for day to day contact with internal and external stakeholders, attending meetings with the CEO as required.
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse and professional growing workforce.
- manage complex communications to and from the CEO both internally and externally including liaison, drafting technical correspondence and working with communications to prepare a range of different content.
- build and maintain a wide range of day to day relationships with all stakeholders, liaising effectively with all members of the TPR team as required.
- anticipate requirements and proactively gather additional information providing high quality advice to the CEO and Chief of Staff (CoS) on relevant issues as they arise.
- act as a first point of contact for those contacting the CEO's office, handling queries and correspondence to ensure that TPR's priorities are taken forward and those contacting us receive a prompt, high quality, professional response, including identifying any input required from across the business.
- prepare/commission and review written briefings for the CEO as required, to support internal and external engagement.
- coordinate with the CoS over all past, present and future activity so the CEO's time is used as effectively as possible. Provide similar support to the Chair as required
- ensure the Executive Committee is appropriately supported, decisions are recorded and that all agreed actions are followed through maintaining an agreed audit trail working with Corporate Secretariat. Maintain a monthly CEO office plan for key internal and external activities on an annual basis
- ensure that all Corporate Governance procedures are followed and maintain an up-to-date CEO office procedural manual alongside relevant process maps
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of regulation best principles and the role and remit of the Regulator.
- Knowledge supporting at senior level
- Political awareness with ability to influence at all levels as directed
- Knowledge of technical pensions issues that relate to our role as regulator (desirable)
- Have demonstrable knowledge in setting priorities, goals, objectives and timescales.
- Ability to plan ahead, reassessing workloads and priorities if situations change or able to deal with conflicting demands.
- Previous knowledge of working in pensions and/or financial and/or regulatory environment
- Knowledge of the pensions landscape (desirable)
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and to deal with ambiguity
£36,000 - £38,000