Sales Ledger Manager
Page Personnel Finance are recruiting a Sales Ledger Manager for a fantastic employer in Derby. This would be a great opportunity for someone who enjoys managing, process improvement and sales ledger.
Our client is a large and well established business, and notwithstanding COVID-19 it is continuing to grow. It is a great employer, which is highlighted through the awards it has received, the added softer benefits it provides to employees and the positive core values that it lives by.
The Sales Ledger Manager will be reporting into the Financial Controller and will be responsible for managing a team of 7. The team are responsible for raising a high volume of consumer sales invoices, taking payments, processing refunds and dealing with the administration behind sales. As Sales Ledger Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing, motivating and up-skilling the existing team.
- Due to the business continuing to grow, workload will increase, and you will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing new staff members.
- Understanding the complex sales transactions and dealing with any escalated issues.
- Investigating payment discrepancies.
- Working with other areas of finance to ensure financial reconciliation is processed.
- Driving process improvement in the team, and automating manual processes.
- Managing and approving payments to third parties and refunds.
- Managing and monitoring the bank account.
- Liaise with third parties where necessary to escalate fraud.
- Managing and driving external relationships.
- Communicate with customers directly to resolve any escalated issues.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- A proven track record of managing people.
- The ability to understand complex sales transactions.
- Experience of working in sales ledger or credit control.
- Experience of process improvement, which will include automating processes.
- Experience of managing key stakeholder relationships.
- The confidence to drive the team's agenda in front of senior colleagues e.g. CEO.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a business that is successful and well established, yet still growing. Or client is offering:
- A negotiable salary, dependent upon experience, but between c. £30,000 and £45,000.
- The possibility to work from home c. 1 day per week.
- All expenses paid staff socials.
- Progression, which will come from the team growing.
- Free staff lunches c. once per month.
- Training programs provided by HR and external providers.
- 28 days holiday (including statutory days, plus days off for events such as your birthday, wedding and house move.
- Free on site parking.