Accountancy Practice Bookkeeper - 9 month Fixed Term Contract
A highly regarded and growing chartered accountancy practice is searching for a full time Senior Bookkeeper to join their successful team based in Canterbury for a minimum of 9 months. You will undertake bookkeeping, management accounts, vat returns, and other service provision to a mixed and varied client base. You will carve a key role here, adding value to clients and building relationships, within a growing team and firm.
This highly successful firm of chartered accountants, based in Canterbury is undergoing continued growth and has benefited from building strong long term valued relationships with its wide ranging client base, across varying industries and size of client.
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients as allocated by the team leader, inputting data and completing reconciliations as required
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Advise team leader of any outstanding issues
- Complete quarterly VAT returns for allocated clients
- Preparation of year end accounts file as necessary
- Prepare management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met.
- Complete each assignment as far as possible before passing to the team leader for review.
You will be expected to develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- 2 years or more Bookkeeping experience preferably within a practice environment
- Knowledge of a number of accounting packages (Xero/QuickBooks/Sage)
- An enthusiasm for cloud accounting and apps
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Client focused with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of spreadsheets
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Time management skills
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under own initiative and to
- competitive salary- dependent on experience.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Car Lease Scheme
- Paid time for CSR -and more!