Payroll Supervisor - Fantastic Top 20 Chartered Accountants!!
A fantastic Payroll Supervisor opportunity has arisen in Kent to join a highly reputable and growing Top 20 chartered accountancy practice with offices all over Kent! You will form part of the regional team , managing your own portfolio of clients, reporting directly in to the partner.
Our client is a fantastic and very successful Top 20 chartered accountancy practices with offices all over Kent and the UK!
- Ensuring the smooth running of the payroll department, including the review of processes, efficiency, turnaround time and quality of output.
- Being a trusted point of contact for payroll clients and establishing a culture of excellent client service within the team.
- Assisting with the development of the department and growth of business, development of ideas for winning new work.
- Review of payroll but where required, administration of all stages of payroll processing for a bespoke portfolio of weekly and monthly clients
- Set up of new payrolls on SAGE software, send client payroll engagement letters, 64-8 & FB12 forms to HMRC
- Preparation of letters, payroll reports and payslips for submission to clients
- Processing BACS payments from client accounts for employee salaries and HMRC liability payments
- Uploading and processing auto enrolment compatible pension schemes for a variety different pension companies
- Processing of all HMRC RTI submissions in a timely basis
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs when dealing with payroll related queries
- General administrative duties, e.g. photocopying, scanning and filing, responding to letters and emails.
- Liaising with the team and management on a regular basis.
- Team management skills and experience running a team.
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation, including pension auto enrolment
- Able to make manual calculations where necessary
- Ability to communicate with both clients and HMRC
- Experience within a payroll office / bureau or practice environment
- Use of own initiative to follow processes through
- Experience with Sage Payroll software preferred
- IT Literate (MS Word, Outlook and, especially, Excel)
- Good attention to detail
- Organisation/time management
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
£30,000 - £35,000
Fantastic benefits platform
Flexible working pattern