Based at the firm's Central London HQ, which is currently working remotely, the successful applicant will be an integral part of the wider global asset management team as the Finance Assistant. The role offers a lot of scope to grow within a rapidly expanding business which has been largely unaffected by Covid-19 pandemic.
Investment Management - one of the world's leading litigation funding firms.
- Organizing payment of third-party invoices- First point of contact for all invoice queries and concerns.
- Collating data and information to pull together reports in response to solicitors/lawyers and investment officers' requests on live cases regarding funding.
- Researching and resolving bank reconciliation discrepancies on the Barclays and RBSI online platform.
- Using excel to update and manage funds from investors regarding live cases (118 live cases).
- Drafting legal documents in preparation for legal cases going live.
- Liaising with Investment Officers, Solicitors and Finance Teams to ensure information on funding are accurately captured.
- Ensuring maintenance of various excel spreadsheets by promoting and ensuring the wider practice is kept up to date with latest updates and changes.
- Contributing to the overall asset management team agenda by supporting with internal and global projects as required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong academic background and educated to degree level.
- Strong Excel skills, attention to detail and robust numeracy are vital
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A demonstrable ability to prioritize, multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in preparing cash reconciliations would be helpful but not essential
- Experience with foreign exchange calculations would be helpful but not essential
- Interest in working in the financial services sector
- Interest in broadening personal skill set in the context of a quickly growing finance function
- Professional with a positive outlook, "can do" attitude
- The successful applicant will be required to quickly build effective working relationships with other team members and other group teams
Looking to pay up to £24,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.