Financial Services Controller (m/f/d), Officer
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for an experienced Controller for our Finance team in Zurich. This position will work with the Controller Team that supports various business areas and legal entities within the organization. This position will proactively and effectively partner with regional Business and Finance leadership to identify areas for improvement and efficiencies and to implement best practices with regards to processes and internal controls impacting financial reporting while ensuring regulatory compliance and building excellent cross-functional relationships in EMEA and overseas locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Controller you will be
- Overseeing monthly, quarterly and yearly closing processes and review/analysis of financial results supporting geographies, businesses and legal entities
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP accounting rules and ensuring proper application of Corporate Accounting guidelines
- Partnering with various departments in State Street such as Global Accounting Operations (GAO), Billing, Tax, Legal, and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to ensure accuracy of financial results and that internal controls are appropriately designed and executed
- Communicating with external auditors and regulators and will be supporting banking supervision audits
- Partnering with regional Finance leadership on new product launches, strategic growth & infrastructure build outs and assist/lead Finance related special projects
- Partnering with regional Business leadership on selected regulatory initiatives
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills coupled with a strong track record of executing against goals
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong intercultural skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and work under time constraints
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Completed Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance; a CPA designation is beneficial
- Several years of accounting and financial reporting experience in the financial services industry and general understanding of financial products and/or Financial Services audit experience at an adequate audit firm
- Proficiency in the use of local GAAP and experience with US GAAP and/or IFRS required
- Understanding of internal controls and ability to perform assessments and issue resolution
- Ideally experience with global group structures and intercompany relationships
- Fluency in German and English
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Depending on the role work from home days might be possible
- Attractive pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs
- Group accident insurance
- Diverse Lifestyle benefits
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.