We are Abbey Total Care Group. We are one of the London's foremost private healthcare provider with a wealth of experience from a quarter of a century in the business. We are a group of 15 companies in the Care Home, Construction and Property Sector.
We are delivering highest quality of care and accommodation from over 20 years and has rapidly expanded because of demand for its services.
We carry out all our Accounting work in-house, such as, Sales, Purchases, Bank Reconciliation, Management Accounts, Forecast etc. Our yearly turnover is £25m.
Due to continuous expansion and exciting growth across the Group, we are seeking a bright and experienced Management Accountant to join our high calibre Accounts team of 7, at our Head Office in Ilford, IG2. You will play a key part in managing the financial accounting for the Group, along with the smooth and efficient running of the month-end processes.
- Managing accounts of our group of 15 companies. Yearly turnover of our group is £25m.
- The preparation, production and review of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes.
- Maintaining the financial records including Accounts Payables and Receivables
- Accurate sales forecasting and delivery to forecast
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Liaise with a portfolio of clients to ensure that they are happy with the services provided.
- Control workflow. Review & control impending deadline for Companies House & HMRC.
- Ensure the most efficient use of the departmental staffing resources
- Identifying and resolving issues as well as improving the current process, with the aim of both increasing financial control and improving efficiency
- Managing and participating in negotiating supplier contracts for provision of supplies and services.
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of the team
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Lead the year end process
- Liaise with non-financial operational staff
- Reconciliation of Control accounts
- Responsible for Sage accounting systems,
- Lead Payroll Processing of 700-800 staffs – Sage line 50
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Must be fully qualified ACA/ACCA or Equivalent qualifications or Qualified through experience
- Worked within a similar environment with 10-15 years’ experience undertaking management accounts
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work is undertaken appropriately
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude for Excel work
- Have experience with accounting software
- Meticulous and methodical approach - a good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver accurate, high quality work and reports to deadlines and to required standards
- Excellent communication and people management skills. Evidence of a history of managing staff and clients successfully.
- Consistent performance under pressure
- Self-motivated and drive