Finance Analyst - Investment Appraisal
Develop effective strategic and operational modelling, forecasting and analysis to create business and finance insight and support medium to long term decision-making and policy setting.
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency enhance and improve the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research. The agency is made up of c.1300 staff working across two main centres and peripatetically across the UK and abroad.
We are currently going through an exciting Finance transformational change that will ensure that Finance is at the heart of decision making, allowing us to move beyond the traditional role of historical reporting, and ensure transparency and accountability in our accounts.
This SEO role sits within the Strategic Finance Function in Finance and Procurement Division. The purpose of the role is to ensure that MHRA achieves Value for Money (VfM) and maximises chances of Investment Projects delivering agreed benefits. You will be responsible for financial appraisal and evaluation of the agency's investment programmes in line with the HM treasury guidance on Investment appraisal and evaluation and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The successful candidate will eb able to evidence:
- Project Appraisal and Evaluation;
- Project/Investment Monitoring & Performance Reporting;
- Budgeting & Forecasting;
- Support Investment Board, Programmes and Projects SROs as required
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis as required
The SEO post-holder will hold a relevant CCAB, CIMA, ACCA, ACA (or equivalent qualification) or working towards with substantial experience of Investment Appraisal and Project Cost Reporting decision support role gained preferably from a Central Government Department, Arm's Length Body or similar.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of applying Green Book standards for business case development in government
- Substantial experience in financial modelling, forecasting and financial reporting
- Proven experience of delivering value added project reporting that provides insight and aid senior management decision making
- Substantial experience of Projects evaluation
- Experience of analysing and providing insights into Project Costs
- Substantial experience of supporting senior level management
- Experience of Project Financial Management and Project Accounting
- Awareness of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Government FReM
- Knowledge of Contract and Project Accounting
- Substantial knowledge of Oracle Fusion or similar accounting systems
- £40,451 - £46,458
- SEO Civil Service grading
- New entrents will be appointed on the bottom of the banding. Existing Civiol Servants will either transfer on grade or be appointed on promotion.
As a Civil Service employee, you'll be entitled to a large range of benefits to include:
- Generous contributory pension scheme with significant employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave on entry, rising by one day for each completed year of service to a maximum of 30 days. You will also be entitled to an additional bank Holiday in May.
- Ability to buy additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- A first-class employee assistance programme and a range of health and well-being initiatives
- To apply for this position, please submit your CV to include a personal statement (max 750 words) that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role (technical and experiential) as stated in this advert. This should be completed and returned no later than 23:55pm, on 24 September 2020
- Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
- If a person with disabilities is put at a substantial disadvantage compared to a non-disabled person, we have a duty to make reasonable changes to our processes.
- If you need a change to be made so that you can make your application, you should: Contact the lead recruiter as soon as possible before the closing date to discuss your needs and tell us what changes or help you might need further on in the recruitment process
"Public Sector and Government, London, Finance Analyst - Investment Appraisal (SEO)"