Senior Accountant, General Ledger (18 months contract)
- Month-end closing of accounts for regional entities which include but not limited to journal preparation and processing including accrual, prepayment, provision, fixed asset depreciation, tax computation, cash management, revaluation, intercompany billing and confirmation.
- Post close review and preparation of reports including reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts in Black line system; month/quarter reporting requirements including COGNOS reports, MR packs and 10K reports, bank reconciliations and other reports as required within the company.
- Preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly VAT/WHT reporting documents to the relevant authorities as required within stipulated deadlines.
- Coordination with the relevant sub-ledger departments (AP, AR, FA, Treasury, Inventory, etc.) in ensuring the smooth processing of operational functions and matters for each entity.
- Liaising with payroll team, HR and banks to ensure timely payment of monthly payroll.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and local regional requirements including but not limited to accounting, taxation, audit and secretarial matters. This will include working with external providers on the timely preparation and submission of annual statutory audited accounts, income tax reports, annual returns, AGM etc.
- Support immediate supervisor in continuous process improvement and assisting in managing finance projects/initiatives including communicating /liaising with various stakeholders.
- Participate in SOX related activities by proactively understanding and fulfilling SOX requirements
- Special projects/tasks as required.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field on handle full set accounting for reasonably sized companies.
- Preferably Senior Executive specialized in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
- Accounting degree/financial qualifications (CPA/ACCA)
- Finalist in ACCA/professional exams will be considered if commensurate with strong skill set/working experience
- Experience and knowledge in regional finance environment will be added advantage
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, ERP systems (knowledge of Oracle/COGNOS is an added advantage)
- Strong financial, analytical, accounting, written & verbal communication skills.