Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Assistant will have the following duties:
- Inputting purchase orders and purchase invoices into the accounts system (PMI). Scanning physical copies of purchase orders and invoices into PMI.
- Reviewing purchase invoices for accuracy, reasonableness, and the correct VAT
- Ensuring the correct authorisations and approvals in the purchases process.
- Matching purchase orders to invoices and following up any anomalies.
- Point of contact with suppliers, resolving issues where necessary
- Setting up of payments on (Natwest Bankline)
- Ensuring payments are made in line with supplier payment terms and not before the due date.
- Inputting sales invoices into the accounts system
- Invoicing customers in a timely fashion
- Credit control - monitoring payment of sales invoices and chasing to ensure timely payment
- Reconciling company credit card monthly, ensuring full authorisations and approvals have been input and spend is reasonable
- Entering credit card transactions onto accounting system. Scanning physical copies of invoices for purchases made on credit cards into PMI.
- Ownership of petty cash process
- Monitoring to ensure there is sufficient cash for day to day petty cash expenditure
- Reconciling petty cash on a weekly basis.
- Cashing cheques from the bank as needed
- Reviewing staff expense forms for accuracy, reasonableness, authorisation and the correct VAT
- Entering expenses onto accounting system. Scanning physical copies of staff expenses invoices into PMI.
- Updating the fixed asset register with new equipment
- Perform asset tagging of fixed assets with regular review to check the equipment to the fixed asset register.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist the financial controller during the year end audit process.
- As with any start up there may be a variety of additional requests where assistance is required. A willingness to help and get stuck in is key in this regard, even if certain tasks are not necessarily typical financial duties