Senior Corporate Accountant MB
The Martin Brower Senior Corporate Accountant is a key member to the Corporate Controller group. This position will contribute to general ledger accounting activities, financial and operational reporting, while providing a broad range of accounting and finance support to the corporate and global finance team and other key members of the organization.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Support monthly close processes and reporting for Corp and US
- Perform General Ledger month end close activities
- Prepare monthly corporate balance sheet account reconciliations
- Manage monthly cash and funding in coordination with Payroll and Treasury
- Develop and maintain Blackline recs, tasks, and journals
- Support planning and reporting processes in Planful
- Support operational KPI reporting processes
- Leverage technology to automate and streamline processes & reporting
- Build and maintain robust process documentation
- Support annual external financial statement audit
- Support internal audit & tax requests
- Prepare ad–hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to focus on the details
- Strong interpersonal and exceptional problem–solving skills
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Experience with other Microsoft applications (Access, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to understand, develop and refine processes
- Ability to manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines and while managing associated pressure
- Ability to work independently/self–managed and in a team environment
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels within the organization to obtain, discuss, and analyze information and processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess a Professional Demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- This position must pass a post–offer background and drug test.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Experience with JD Edwards 9.2 ERP software
- Experience with Power BI, Planful, and Blackline
- Experience working in a distribution or manufacturing environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self–development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.