Venice Family Clinic is a nonprofit community health center celebrating 50 years of delivering quality primary care to people in need. We provide vital and comprehensive health care services to nearly 28,000 people each year, regardless of their income, insurance or immigration status. Our history is rooted in Venice, but our footprint, impact, and ambitions are more expansive than ever. Visit venicefamilyclinic.org to learn more about us.
Venice Family Clinic is seeking a Senior Accountant who will support the day–to–day accounting operations of the organization while playing a key role in the maintenance and integrity of the general ledger. In this role you will include assisting in the month–end close process, banking, variance analyses, complex accounting and financial analyses, audit support and operating budgets. In this position, you will be expected to use knowledge of overall organizational objectives to set priorities, monitor workflow and meet deadlines.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related
- 7+ years of Accounting Experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Highly detail oriented with strong, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work accurately with mathematical figures even with constant interruptions
- Knowledge of computerized general ledger and accounts payable systems
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables, V–Look Ups and Logic Functions
- Analytical skills to identify problems and formulate logical and objective conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to make fiscal projections based on historical trends, anticipated changes and/or goals
- Knowledge of, or ability to, learn about public health insurance programs (Medi–Cal and Medicare
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.