Senior Business Analyst
Position Summary: Performs the business and technical analysis required to establish a technology and impact assessment for determining the feasibility of AAMVA systems and solutions. Supports the deployment and implementation of AAMVA systems as well as complex programs and related specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs the business and technical analysis required to develop technical specifications, procedures manuals, and implementation guides necessary for all AAMVA systems and solutions.
2. Develops appropriate data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, business and technical processes, message formats, transaction flows, and other documents as required.
3. Monitors task completion and produces periodic reports that document the Working Group's progress.
4. Develops recommended courses of action regarding how to proceed with full functional development of AAMVA systems, including business and functional requirements and technological solutions that could be utilized to implement such systems.
5. Works with jurisdictions, AAMVA Committees, Federal Agencies, and other stakeholders to translate functional requirements into system design specifications.
6. Coordinates, develops and monitors implementation of pilot projects, providing technical assistance, coordination, training and other services.
7. Assists with the development of the base statements of work and project definitions
that document the project's background and the Working Group's mission, goals,
guiding principles and work plan.
8. Develops impact assessment surveys for AAMVA member jurisdictions.
9. Collects and analyzes information on the anticipated costs for efforts and other
impacts of implementing AAMVA systems.
10. Performs pre– and post– evaluation of pilot projects including cost benefit analysis,
specification changes, assessment and estimation of user traffic volumes, and
11. Reviews proposals, evaluating for technical solution soundness, feasibility, resource
estimates, constraints, and operational impacts.
12. Develops reports to Congress and Federal Agencies documenting the findings related
to AAMVA systems efforts.
Formal Education: Four year degree from accredited college or university with a computer
science, business administration, public administration (or other related field), equivalent
work experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Minimum 6 years solid, progressive experienced in business analysis, systems analysis and
design in large–scale projects across multiple organizations
Proficiency in writing technical documentation
Experience in documenting business processes and requirements
Experience with web services, UML and XML is highly desired
Experience with agile processes for software development is highly desired
Experience with writing user stories in agile projects is highly desired
Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
Must be able to work independently and as an effective team member
Development and presentation of briefings to stakeholders
Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high–quality customer deliverables
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven ability to capture customer requirements and develop a concept of operations based
on customer's needs
Must be able to obtain a moderate risk Federal public trust clearance. The public trust
clearance process authorizes the Federal government to perform background investigation for
identifying negative criminal, medical, and financial findings. It should be understood that if an
offer for employment is accepted that continued employment in the position is contingent upon
obtaining the clearance.
Experience in project development working with self–directed work group, in structured
analysis and full life cycle management. Some travel required.
This is not an attempt to list all duties of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the organization's needs.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.– provided by Dice