Accounting Finance Manager
• Prepare and/or review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and DT policies and procedures.
• Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities.
• Understand the transactional flow through the various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
• Advanced understanding of ERP system including sub–modules.
• May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report financial transactions.
• May generate ad–hoc reports for internal and/or external use.
• May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
• May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with IFRS, GAAP and other accounting regulations.
• May be involved in quarterly and annual financial audit as well as supporting SOX control program.
• Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements, analysis and communication.
• Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analyses are adequately and properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
• Ability to mine for, manipulate and manage large volumes of transactional level data.
• Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve issues in creative and effective ways and ensure that appropriate judgment is applied. Maintains, and coordinates the implementation of accounting control procedures.
• Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting standards; similar IFRS skills a plus. Proven ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
• Ability to define and document accounting process and procedures that are SOX compliant based on system design.
• Ability to translate accounting treatment into accounting entries and financial metrics.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within cross–functional teams in assessing accounting impact of transactions and developing system solutions.
• Ability to work in a fast–paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to appropriately prioritize and manage several diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
• Experience with ERP and other accounting systems required (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Netsuite)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
• 5+ years of progressive experience in US GAAP accounting and leadership role in accounting operations; similar IFRS experience a plus.
• Wireless, cable or financial services industry experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Active CPA license