Accounts Payable II
Position: Accounts Payable II
Reports to: Accounts Payable Manager
Working with a team of 3, completely manage the A/P process for Ace Mart's vendors from the receipt of the invoice to the printing of the check payment. This position requires experience with processing payments based on inventory receivers, as well as the efficient and accurate coding of vendor invoices to ensure correct financial and the proper management of payment terms to ensure on time payments to our valued vendors. This position is also responsible for maintaining the Vendor Master record for all vendors including full compliance with having W–9 forms on file for all vendors.
1. Process invoices from expense vendors by coding them to the correct G/L accounts, entering them accurately into the Elite ERP system, and scheduling them to be paid on time.
2. Correctly clearing out inventory receivers and posting any variances.
3. Posting and reconciling any prepaid invoices.
4. Process the bi–weekly check runs.
5. Code and collect receipts for the company's monthly corporate credit card bill.
6. Code and enter manual checks written at the stores and the corporate office.
7. Issue store expense P.O. numbers.
8. Communicate with vendors and Ace Mart associates to assist in resolving any billing issues.
9. Maintain the Vendor Master records in the Elite ERP System.
10. Responsible for making sure that all vendors have a correct and current W–9 forms file.
11. Assist Controller with the preparation and filing of annual 1099 forms
12. Assist in keeping the AP filing current and organized.
13. Assist other accounting staff with special projects as needed.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
I. Knowledge of:
a. Basic accounting procedures.
b. Accounts Payable process – Required
c. Inventory Receivers process – Required
d. Computer keyboard/processes.
a. Communicate effectively with vendors and buyers.
b. Prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
c. Handle many tasks simultaneously.
d. Work in a team with shared responsibilities.
III. Education and Experience:
a. Accounting Degree or equivalent of 6 years accounts payable experience preferred.
b. Knowledge of General Ledger and Financials helpful
I. Physical Requirements:
a. Sit up to four hours at a time.
b. View computer monitor up to six hours daily.
c. Use hands, fingers, and arms to operate computer terminal.
II. Working Conditions:
a. Open & sometimes noisy office atmosphere.
Ace Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Staffing Agencies Please