A global professional services organization seeks an Accountant for a temporary assignment.
- Performing monthly account analysis and bank reconciliations. Monitoring cash clearing accounts and reconciling on a monthly basis. Preparing applicable journal entries in connection with analysis and reconciliation work performed.
- Interacting and following up with practice offices for any pending reconciling items identified during the reconciliation process.
- Performing month end revaluation and analysis in connection with month end close.
- Running ad hoc reports and performing special projects assigned by the accounting supervisor.
- Assisting with the coordination of the year-end audit, including organizing applicable files, responding to audit requests, etc.Assisting with all day-to-day tasks supporting the staff in the Accounting Department.
- Answering routine questions and directing correspondence to the appropriate individual.
- Processing and/or compiling financial data or records according to standard procedures and methods.
- Verifying completeness and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents.
- Consulting with Supervisor about problems or discrepancies. May contact individuals outside immediate work area to obtain, verify, or provide information concerning accounting documents.
- Assisting with special projects as necessary.
- Promoting effective work practices and working as a team member.