Senior Statutory Accounting Analyst
A global professional services firm seeks a Senior Statutory Accounting Analyst to join their Los Angeles team.You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly statutory financial statements, general ledger account analysis reports and annual audit and tax schedules.
- Analyzing statutory ledgers for various countries and monitors reconciliation for billing, collection and other key financial reporting data
- Preparing monthly statutory financial statements and tax reports for various countries.
- Reviewing financial results, investigating any variances, and preparing adjustments
- Performing validation and financial analysis of data reported in the various accounting systems.
- Preparing or Reviewing account analysis and journal entries and assisting monthly financial system closing tasks
- Classifying and summarizing financial transactions and assisting in creation and maintenance of financial accounting procedures
- Collaborating with broader finance management team on initiatives including year-end reporting, and new report development
- Researching and updating departmental knowledge regarding current and new accounting pronouncement and new accounting procedure.
- Participating and assisting in a number of special projects
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or a related field is required.
- A CPA license is preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in increasingly complex accounting is required, and working with inter-company and international accounting (as well as multi-currency environment) is desired.
- Experience in a legal or professional services environment is preferred.
- Occasional travel will be required.