Business Control Risk Supervisor, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for Business Control Supervisor sitting in first line of defence, able to provide guidance and oversight over control framework in Poland Hub.
What you will be responsible for
The team you will be joining is looking for person willing to work in below areas:
- Control Monitoring & Testing: Proactively challenge control environment in business. Perform “deep dive” investigations on business processes and assist in the identification and socialization of control gaps. Perform business-aligned Control Testing & Assurance for risks and controls executed in Poland.
- Incident management: Review and challenge incidents reported in the business. Analyze risk data, risk indicators and risk trends. Provide reporting as required by management and Business.
- Control Framework: Work with business units to improve the control framework and develop action plans to remediate identified control gaps. Ensure that risk incidents and issues are assessed, prioritized, tracked, and reported for review at appropriate intervals to the relevant bodies. Assist in the writing of policies and procedures associated with business risk controls.
- Issue Management: Review and approve Issues/Control Gaps logged in Archer; perform independent review or remediating actions; verify evidence of completion and approve Issues for closure in Archer.
- Risk Assessments: Identify risk areas and support Risk Assessments (INFRA, RCSA) performed by line Fund Accounting and Fund Administration teams.
- Risk reporting: Provide strong management reporting. Monitor, actively manage and reports risk and compliance issues. Timely escalate any risk matters to SSBI GmbH Poland Branch senior management and to the SSBI GmbH Poland branch Head of FLOD Business Controls.
- Collaboration: Establish strong relationships with key functional teams operating in Poland, including Fund Accounting and Fund Administration Line Teams, Business Control teams, Enterprise Risk Management and Corporate Compliance.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience or Interest in Risk Management and Compliance,
- Excellent writing, data management, and reporting skills,
- Good facility with MS Office (especially Excel, Power Point and Outlook),
- Attention to detail and dedication to the pursuit of data quality,
- High degree of intellectual curiosity,
- Good understanding of State Street operations (Fund Accounting, Fund Administration, Derivatives, Securities Valuation) is a plus.
- Good work-life balance
- Employees savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.