Manage the delivery of payroll processes, the team responsible for those activities, leading future migrations, supporting country and global projects and ensuring KPIs are met. Focus is on:
- Driving success of HR model, focused on providing inputs and solution to effectively manage end to end Payroll processing, administration of all relevant tax and social security payments and reporting, management and oversight of the end to end controls framework involving the Pay People process.
- Continuously improving and documenting payroll processes, proactively addressing end to end HR/Payroll process gaps and unlocking potential as well as productivity partnering with various business stakeholders.
- Supporting implementation of Shell’s HR Transformation Journey.
- Represent Payroll SBO as part of the wider HR agenda by collaborating with key stakeholders such as HR Operations, HR, Tax, Legal, IT and Payroll Accounting.
- Supporting and Advising Regional Payroll Managers and Country Payroll Managers to build further synergies, collaborations and strategies enabling Shell’s business objectives through flexibility, simplicity and actionable insights.
1. Payroll Operations Management
- Responsible for delivery of end to end Malaysia Payroll Processes and support Shell's Payroll compliance across an increasingly complex statutory and regulatory landscape working across Country HR, Policy, Tax, Legal, IT and Finance to meet business objectives and realizing defined business value.
- Accountable for advice to the Payroll team and business partners in managing more complex HR/Payroll queries and projects including support country 3rd party contract implementations relating to external service providers.
- Always ensure all Financial Control Manual and Data Privacy Rules are accurately executed to fully address the business risk in an environment with high monetary materiality and safeguard from Data Privacy breaches.
- Translate business requirements into system solutions like SAP, Workday, Assignment Pro with Functional Leads and Payroll Specialists to meet Shell business obligations and implementation of Global Payroll Strategy.
- Effective and timely issue management ensuring all stakeholders are well informed/consulted, risk contained, and long-term solutions put in place.
2. Lead and Manage
- Lead and manage a team of 4 to 7 Payroll Analysts.
- Manage dynamic people agenda by providing leadership support and coaching to team including regular one to ones, meaningful IDP conversations, goal setting, actively manage succession planning and building Global Payroll Capabilities.
- Ensure all KPIs defined for the team are met, and team members are equipped with the knowledge, skills and support to perform accurate, timely and compliant pay at high standards.
- Continuously improve the performance of the team and the services provided through embedding of applicable skills and behaviours. Utilize data and look for opportunities like data analytics to improve and refine ways of working.
3. Continuous Improvement
- Embed continuous improvement in E2E processes, to drive operational excellence, standardization and harmonization by optimizing Continuous Improvement tools such as visual management, leader standard work and waste elimination.
- Collaborate with broader HR operations and country stakeholders to deliver greater impact at less costs through continuous improvement, continue to introduce simpler process and enhanced employee experiences.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement to deliver better results, improve systems and processes to support future growth of the business and remove roadblocks to team members execution.
4. Business Partnership
- Establish strong working relationships within HR model (i.e. HROPS include International Mobility, Country HRM’s, Country Payroll Managers, Policy teams, Finance Operations, IT, Treasury/E-banking, 3rd party service providers.
- Liaise regularly with business stakeholders to ensure the team has access to all relevant information to perform effectively in their roles.
- Represent SBO Payroll on local HR/Payroll team forums and put the employee and key stakeholders at the heart of process to create an exceptional employee experience through pay delivery.
- Deliver Global Payroll Strategy objectives and manage significant change journey over the coming years.
- Periodically review payroll process performance identify patterns, themes and linkages in areas of improvement and deliver internal reviews in alignment with business partners.
- Acts as a coach/mentor. Leads by example.
- Strong leadership experience is required to drive team performance improvements and coach Functional Leads and Payroll Specialists for their personal effectiveness regarding engagement and competing priorities.
- Manage risks and issues for the relevant process areas and plan delivery in line with Global Payroll Strategy and standards.
- Full understanding of rapid & often complex changing governmental regulations can create differences in countries compensation requirements.
- Data Privacy: Ensuring personal and sensitive data is appropriately managed and protected at all points in the E2E payroll process. Building and embedding collaborative ways of working across the integrated E2E payroll process working across multiple countries and functions
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia