Consulting – Financial Services, Enterprise Risk & Controls – Senior Manager / Manager
Join Financial Services Risk Management team and you will provide a highly integrated array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Enterprise Control Change Management, Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Consulting Services.
EY is seeking candidates for our Enterprise Risk and Control team within FSRM with experience in Banking and Capital Markets.
Your key responsibilities
Lead EY projects with respect to:
- Review and identify weakness in design risk governance framework and control, and advice and guidance on structuring governance and control framework and optimization of processes and controls to better help client manage their risks and address pain points
- Substantive matters of current and emerging Hong Kong, Singapore, Mainland China and possibly other Asian markets and global regulatory expectations governing data privacy, data localization, bank secrecy, data governance, including collection, usage, storage, transfer and retention issues
- Development of target operating models including the structure and function of data privacy roles, and responsibilities across the three lines of defense
- Control & Compliance framework – understanding of core functions impacting data privacy: risk assessment, policy management, testing, monitoring and surveillance and reporting etc.
- Advising banking control issues such as client onboarding, investor protection, licensing, suitability, sales practices, new product processes, product development and diligence, KYC (etc)
- Structure and function of banking roles and responsibilities and business models
- Use of technology and data including FinTech and regtech innovation with respect to banking to promote innovation and achieve regulatory compliance
- Support change management including the revision or formulation of new policies and controls aligned with regulatory and compliance guidelines and requirements including planning and communication with key stakeholders
- Support the revision or formulation of new policies and controls aligned with regulatory and compliance guidelines and requirements
To qualify for the role you must have
- At least 8 years of solid experience in banks or regulators or reputable international accounting/consulting firms with in-depth knowledge of internal controls, regulatory compliance / risk management. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered at Senior Associate / Manager Level
- Demonstrate working knowledge/experience of banking and capital markets business and operations including front office, operations, 3LoD
- Robust practical experience in banks in the areas of risk governance, internal controls, regulatory compliance, operational resilience etc.
- Detailed understanding of banking products and trade lifecycle
- Good knowledge in banking and securities laws, rules and regulations and operations as well as different products and services offered by banks
- Exposure to technology solutions such as RPA, AI, Algo
- Proven project management experience leading teams with multiple workstreams
- Ability to interact with executive levels of client and EY management
- Good influencing skills and stakeholder relationship management skills and advanced conflict management/ resolution skills with project coordination experience
- Strong report-writing skills, with ability to create and organize varying forms of business information while developing it into cohesive, meaningful, professional reports and presentations
- University degree majoring in accounting, information systems, business or legal related subjects
- Ability to travel
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.