Basic Purpose of Job:
- The Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for day-to-day AP function activities and administration, including reporting creation and customer service handling in order to provide support to the State Street organization.
- This individual will provide subject matter expertise in the area of accounting related to Accounts Payable which include the below
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Collaborate with onshore and provide necessary backup/background on specific audits in relation to state tax audits
- Collaborate closely with the onshore team and Global Process Owner to understand expectations and deliverable timelines and ensure that deliverables of the team are load balanced as compared to team staffing.
- Develop the team to adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and new process improvement solutions to support the GAO AP Process Owner as needed
- Prepare reporting & analytics deliverables
- Provide support to key stakeholders of the team to present analytical results, findings
- First point of escalation within the local reporting line for dealing with issues (people/process/technology) and ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to (e.g. company policies surrounding standard of conduct, information security, employment regulations)
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analysis on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis and accounting transactions.
- May serve as a subject matter expert on accounts payable transactions.
- Participate in or manage function specific projects as needed
- Ensure completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of deliverable plans, attending deliverable specific or recurring meetings between the team and the onshore team.
- Participate in cross functional project teams across the organization as an AP SME for project roll outs within departments outside of GAO
- Collaborate across AP regional teams including the Joint Venture and Poland AP functional teams, as well as Hangzhou captive site for APAC AP teams
- Complies with and completes daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual SOX controls, creation and tracking of issue logs for the JV, and creation of associated AP reporting
- Create reporting metrics to assist with oversight of controls
- Collect and consolidate reporting for all AP regions (US, Canada, EMEA, and APAC)
- Process accounts payable transactions
- Respond to internal and external requests including variance analysis and inquires
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects and new transactions
Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- Assist with the implementation of the Re-Engineering, Standardization, Automation project efforts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, 15+ years of progressive experience in AP areas with major financial institutions.
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge of the US GAAP.
- In depth knowledge of Accounts Payable activities such as invoicing, payments, and tax knowledge as it pertains to VAT, US & Canadian Taxes including federal, state and local taxation. (US tax knowledge required- use tax, sales tax and NRA tax)
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Demonstrated leadership in improving/building-out the above process groups for multiple geographies and business areas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of OracleERP desirable
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English, prior experience of interacting with multiple stakeholders (Legal Entity and Geography controllers) in NA, EMEA, APAC
- Independent decision-making capabilities, demonstrated thought leadership
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Accounts Payable process
- Good experience of handling various AP related vendor queries/escalations via email
- Good knowledge of AP metrics, reports
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.