Dealership Accountant - Surrey
Part of a large group - Looking for an Accountant for an automotive dealership based in Surrey.
Large, listed group of car dealerships with operations across the UK.
- Provide financial support to all areas of the business including operational, financial and divisional management as and when required.
- Production of accurate monthly management accounts in accordance with group policies and procedures which are to be submitted in accordance with group reporting deadlines.
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with group and divisional reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Working Capital Management to include:
- Management and recovery of sales ledger debt.
- Stock control incorporating sales and after-sales functions.
- Optimisation of funding facilities.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Weekly working capital review with operational management.
- Attendance at monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Analysis and interpretation of dealership key performance indicators.
- Management and review of cost base incorporating:
- Continual review and challenge of dealership cost base.
- Review and where applicable consolidation of supplier base.
- Maintenance of contracts database.
- Ensure compliance with all centrally negotiated group supply deals.
- Management and control of all dealership financial information reporting incorporating:
- Preparation and submission of financial forecasts.
- Manufacturer composite submissions.
- Vehicle profit report reconciliations.
- All other ad-hoc financial reporting requirements.
- Custodian of dealerships assets and ensure compliance with Group Authority Matrix.
- Internal Audit compliance.
- Management of on-site accounts and sales administration teams incorporating:
- Performance management and review.
- Annual appraisal and regular one to one reviews.
- Additional responsibilities as and when required in accordance with needs of business.
To be considered you will have experience as an accountant within the automotive sector
Salary of c. £48,000 plus car and benefits