The client, a commercial real estate and property management company, is looking for a Treasury Clerk to join their team (based in the City of London - Canary Wharf) on a permanent basis. The role has excellent progression prospects, and the successful Treasury Clerk will have exposure across a really wide range of accounting.
The client is a commercial real estate and property management company that provide a 360 degree service when it comes to the management, sale or purchasing of a property. The head office is based in the City of London (Canary Wharf) and the team is made up of 13 people. The role is reporting directly into the Treasury Supervisor and they are looking for a candidate that is organised and driven to join on a permanent basis.
The successful Treasury Clerk will be:
- Post all income by recording funds received via bank transfer, checks, and card payments.
- Bank account reconciliations (daily & monthly)
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, checks etc. (RICS)
- Assist other functions within the department to cover fluctuation in workload and staffing levels where appropriate and necessary.
- Prepare bank deposits daily
- Communicate with tenants/bank managers via phone, email, mail.
- Prepare/save bank statements and relevant financial records for wider team
- Process the opening of client accounts on BMAP system upon the approval of PM and Identify accounts that are dormant and make recommendations to Supervisor/PM on the closure of the accounts
- Investigate any unidentified transactions; contacting payers and liaising with colleagues to accurately post receipt transactions
- Issue VAT receipts to customers
- Treasury monthly filing - bank recs, reports, daily payments.
- Investigate any discrepancies on each relevant client account bank rec.
- Efficient and accurate input of payments (Faster Payments, CHAPS, International)
- Making sure the daily bank balances are correct and the bank is never overdrawn
- Ensure all operational guidelines are followed and maintained
- Dealing with third party payments from tenants (ALIAS Forms)
- Ensure compliance with procedures at all times
- Daily inter account transfers.
- Manage the total of all unallocated cash
The successful Treasury Clerk will:
- Have about 2 years of experience working in a Finance team (ideally as an Accounts Assistant or a Treasury Clerk)
- Have previous experience posting/processing receipts onto a finance system
- Previous experience working in the Property industry
- Previous experience working on the finance system Yardi (desirable, not essential)
- Have good Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, Formulas)
- Good attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- £25,000 - £27,000
- Quarterly (discretionary) bonus
- 24 days holiday
- Flexible working / Working from home
- Annual pay reviews