International Financial Accountant
Want to use your skills in Financial Accounting to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as International Financial Accountant to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid International Finance Team plays a key role in supporting all of our International Country Programmes. As our accounting expert, you will support Heads of Finance in Country Programmes to develop and maintain good financial control environments and to manage key financial risks appropriately.
Due to the nature of this role there will be some requirement to travel (subject to easing of travel restrictions)
In this role, you will work across the finance function and with other stakeholders to review, develop, enhance and embed effective financial processes as well as provide insights to UK office to understand where local deviation from the WaterAid standard is appropriate and desirable
- Support the Head of International Finance in the development and implementation of a global financial assurance programme;
- Be the lead regional contact (for two regions) on financial accounting and financial assurance issues, working closely with the International Management Accountant, Regional and Country Programme teams;
- Provide Heads of Finance in Country Programmes professional levels of support and advice on technical financial accounting issues, financial policies and processes and tools
- Identify and monitor high risk Country Programmes and emerging high-risk themes, advise and support the Country Programmes as they develop and implement risk management plans
- Provide induction, support, training and coaching to senior Country Programme finance staff
The role requires someone with a passion for financial accounting with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or equivalent with significant post qualification experience.
Previous audit experience will be an advantage.
To be successful, you'll need:
- A passion for making a difference
- To be systems savvy - accounting systems, MS Office including advanced excel skills
- To be highly analytical and methodical with great attention to detail
- To be a people person; highly inter-personal with great communication skills
- To have the ability to prioritise, work flexibly and adaptable with minimum supervision
Applications will close 23:59 on Tuesday 22nd September 2020. Availability for first interview is required w/c 28th Sept. Possibility of 2nd round interview w/c 5th October
Salary: £42,000-£45,000 (subject to experience) with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
- Volunteer Day
This is an office based post at 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. Due to covid-19 there is currently limited capacity for office based staff therefore the post holder will initially work from home with some office days (until the situation returns to normal).
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.