Group Internal Audit Manager
As a Group Internal Audit Manager at The Hut Group you will be joining a team responsible for providing assurance across the Group that risk taking is controlled, mitigation strategies are in place and that guidance is provided where required to reduce risk exposure. You will need to undertake your work in an agile manner to deliver a challenging, risk-based Internal Audit plan covering the key business functions across the Group.
- Leading audits globally and across all areas of the Group including, but not limited to, Commercial Finance, Procurement, Technology, Retail, Marketing, Customer Services, Logistics, Warehousing, IT & Shared Service functions.
- A significant proportion of our audits are commercial in nature and therefore require a commercially minded individual.
- You will get regular exposure to Senior Managers and will often report directly to these Senior Stakeholders.
- You will be expected to form your own judgements, make decisions and stand behind these as you navigate through to the completion of an audit.
- Proactively identifying new areas of internal and external risk.
- Developing individual audit engagement programmes
- Conducting and developing audits in new and dynamic areas
- Working to a challenging schedule in order to complete the Internal Audit plan
- Working with audit stakeholders across the Group to communicate audit findings, develop recommendations and monitor progress towards implementation
- Presenting audit findings in written reports or appropriate alternatives
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of Internal Audit processes
- Providing on-going support and advice to the business regarding risk exposure and risk mitigation
- Developing genuine relationships and trust with key business stakeholders whilst maintaining professional standards and ethics
- Previous Internal or External Audit experience
- Commercially minded individual
- Completed professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIA)
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and promote engagement in the Internal Audit activity
- Forward thinking, highly motivated, strong minded, ability to deal with directional changes.
- Must be self-driven, pragmatic and able to work through ambiguity
- Must be a team player and a collaborative thinker
- A strong understanding of risk and control activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style to the situation
- Experience in discussing contentious matters, influencing key stakeholders to achieve outcomes, negotiating actions and deadlines, managing difficult conversations
- A sharp thinker with a driven approach in order to maximise the effectiveness of Internal Audit
- Advanced Excel skills
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Employee discounts
- Onsite Doctor