Trainee Accountant, various office and locations for 2021
Albert Goodman is a top 50 accountancy, tax and financial services Firm and a Best Companies Top 75 place to work in the South West with offices in Taunton, Bristol, Chard, Weston-Super-Mare, Weymouth and Yeovil.
We are looking for a Trainee Accountants to join us in our business. Training to become a qualified accountant is a rewarding and challenging career and can open up a whole host of opportunities for you. Albert Goodman is looking to train and develop people who could be our future partners and leaders. A number of our senior managers and partners started their career as a trainee with us and have stayed with us throughout their working life. We look for candidates with drive and enthusiasm who can demonstrate a strong academic track record.
Whilst our main intake is in July/August each year, we take people at most times. We offer excellent support and training that will help you develop the skills you need to succeed as a professional and to progress until you realise your full potential.
We provide and fund:
- Technical training with recognised training providers
- Tuition/Revision Courses
- Student Registration Fees
- Annual Student subscriptions
- Books and materials
- Exemption/examination entry fees
- Paid study leave for courses and exams
- Accommodation if a stay away is required
To achieve the qualification and to consistently give the best and most up to date advice to clients, you will need to be competent at studying and passing exams. Your historic academic or professional results are used as a guide when shortlisting however we will also consider other factors such as experience, other qualifications and skills. As an indicator for the following qualifications we look for the following grades:-
- AAT – Ideally a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) mostly at Grade A*-B / 9 – 5, including Maths and English and a minimum of 2 A Levels (or equivalent) grade A*- B
- ACA / ACCA – Ideally a minimum of a 2:1 in your degree or equivalent, although the subject of your degree is not important. We also look for A/B grades at both GCSE and A Levels
To complete chosen training qualification whilst being an integral member of the team providing a professional service to clients.
- Undertakes and completes all study and examination requirements of specific training qualification;
- Preparing financial statements and management information for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders;
- Working as part of the team ensuring the validity of clients financial records;
- Making recommendations for improvements in systems and commercial observations where appropriate;
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records;
- Assisting with tax compliance work, audit and accounts preparation processes as required;
- Provide a first class client professional service;
- Working as part of a team to ensure the delivery of excellent service to clients;
- Deliver high quality and accurate work at all times;
- Meet deadlines for professional work;
- Communicate with colleagues and clients in a professional manner at all times;
- Treats others in line with the firms requirements for ethical standards;
- Upholds relevant codes of conduct.
- This list of accountabilities is not exhaustive and may change from time to time.