Senior Manager - Strategy & Transactions (Restructuring Services): Bermuda
Our continued success in the Caribbean region has propelled rapid growth in our team. We have ambitious plans and we are seeking a high-performing and motivated Senior Manager to join our team to help in further developing our Strategy & Transactions practice in the region. This position is based in Bermuda and, where necessary to meet client demands, in the wider Caribbean area.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Senior Manager, you’ll make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
Our global network of Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy services professionals helps clients to reshape results through developing financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Our Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy services team is fully integrated both within our wider Strategy & Transactions practice and our firm as a whole, and our clients reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills and experience. We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify problems and recommend and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
As a Strategy & Transactions Senior Manager with a focus on Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy, you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives - whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business, dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management. You’ll work to prepare comprehensive financial reviews of company’s operations, attend legal proceedings, engage in judicial management, support liquidation processes as well as advise clients on corporate risk management issues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management - lead project teams comprising colleagues from across the Strategy & Transactions sub service lines.
- Business and Commercially Driven - working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients.
- Business Development - drive client pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- People Development - coach and mentor team members to support achievement of their career goals.
- Building Relationships - strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- An internationally recognized professional accounting designation, such as a CPA, CA, ACA, or equivalent, and/or a recognized insolvency qualification
- A minimum of eight (8) of recent relevant experience within a recognized restructuring/insolvency practice; financial services experience is required
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Able to work under high pressure and adapt to a dynamic working environment.
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Specific experience in the restructuring / wind down of fund and investment vehicle structures, international holding company structures, and/or insurance companies
- A demonstrated history of originating restructuring opportunities
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on engagements from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, a minimum of 25days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.