Corporate Actions Associate - 12 month contract
Who we are looking for
This position is responsible for reviewing and processing corporate actions (i.e. mergers, tender offers, stock splits) for mutual funds and pension funds. The qualified candidate will communicate directly with clients, Investment Managers and various internal groups to ensure that corporate events are reflected on all portfolios.
***This is a 12 month Contract***
***You must be a legal resident of Canada to be considered for this role***
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Corporate Actions Accounting Associate you will
- Research corporate actions by using various tools such as Bloomberg and Reuters and/or by contacting depositories, transfer agents, corporations and various internal support groups.
- Review corporate actions for taxability issues.
- Ensure corporate actions processing procedures are followed.
- Ensure corporate actions are processed timely and accurately.
- Review market value analysis for all corporate actions for reasonability.
- Provide information and answer queries on corporate actions daily to clients, and work in conjunction with various internal groups (Valuations, Fund Groups etc).
- Train new staff
- Continually work towards improving efficiencies and implement “best processes” within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to act as a team player
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Business education with strong finance, accounting and securities background.
- Knowledge of Securities industry, CSC would be an asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and continually changing environment.
- Background in the following areas would be an asset: Corporate events, corporate event tax implications, fund distribution calculations, fund valuation and fund accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and Access.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.