Manager - Taxation
Who we are looking for:
Responsible for high level review of tax reports, compliance packages, and complex distribution analyses. May act as primary contact person for client organizations. Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with Assistant Vice President or Vice President where clarification or exception to policy may be required.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As officer you will:
- Act as a technical resource for the Tax Department.
- Manage weekly activities to assure adherence to mandated deadlines.
- Oversees the review of all reports and returns prepared by the unit for accuracy and compliance with SEC and IRS guidelines.
- Act as liaison between State Street Bank and the external audit firms and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate efforts with Fund Administration to make sure the tax work papers are created, including the necessary adjustments to ensure compliance with relevant tax legislation once the tax calculations have been performed to ensure that the tax and regulatory reports are prepared and submitted to regulatory agencies, Board of Directors and fund officers.
- Responsible for understanding the information that is reported on the “Multicurrency Reporting System” and formatting and adjusting the information properly to prepare audit and tax work papers and tax returns.
- Oversees all Tax Administrators and Tax Supervisor/Team Leaders assigned.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Supervises subordinates and interacts with supervisors, other functional areas, management and outside vendors to complete objectives. Makes decisions by applying group and company policies.
- Develops and directs work schedules and monitors work flow to achieve established goals and objectives
- Drives the KPIs for the team, ensure both timelines and accuracy metrics are maintained, and benchmarks are met and/or exceeded.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Equivalent to a B. S. degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field. CPA, MST, or MBA is preferred.
- 8 or more years of mutual fund taxation experience.
- Initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to train, motivate, and develop staff.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work across jurisdictions.
Thorough supervision of activities, impacts budgets, costs, and schedules. Responsible for recommending changes in guidelines, procedure, and policies: faulty decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays and result in additional expenditure of time, human resources, and funds.
Second level of supervision to first level supervisors or first level supervision to large work unit: Typically participates in a variety of personnel actions including employment, termination, performance and salary reviews and performance improvement plans.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.