Finance Manager - Global Tax
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40 000+ specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
As a Finance Manager, you will perform in a role that serves as a business partner and advisor to key business leaders. This role provides critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results, in support of the Global Tax Service Line leadership team.
This role will establish a trusted relationship with their client, understanding their needs and teaming with other Finance team members to bring best in class analytical support, functional expertise and reporting solutions.
Your key responsibilities
- Be the FRO for financial and operational issues supporting the Global Service Line, acting as a trusted business adviser. Develop effective working relationships with other members of the Global Tax Finance team and Service line leadership, becoming a key member of the team and point of contact.
- Provide financial scenario modeling and analysis services on performance results of the Global Tax Strategic Priorities as outlined in the Global Tax Strategy, identifying trends and issues that need to be understood, and providing recommendation in support of the strategic direction of the practice
- Analyze and present complex financial data in a way that is easily understandable. Develop and support the delivery of communications/presentations that effectively engage audiences, responding to key business issues and recommended solutions.
- Respond to requests from Finance and Global Service Line Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making.
- Provide support to SL run initiatives as well as Finance run initiatives such as Gross Margin improvement, Mercury / SAP implementation, Planning, budgeting and forecasting (PBFA) cycle, Market Leadership Plan. Support the completion on time of the various Plan, Forecast, MLP and revenue planning cycles, ensuring outputs align to the objectives set.
- Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analyzed and understood in clear and visualized form.
- Act as counsellor and coach to less experienced professionals as required, supporting development and demonstration of Trusted Business Advisor competencies of the team.
- Coordinate Global Service line GMIC funding processes, including business case development, working with project teams on support and related funding requests, and providing Global leadership updates.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- A strong understanding of corporate financial management with concentration in financial planning and analysis is required
- Strong technical skills with the ability to analyze problems, design and implement solutions independently
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills - Pivot, vlook ups and ability to manipulate and draw trends from vast amounts of data
- Power BI and/or other data visualization tool experience to support ad hoc analysis and build regular reports.
- Highly team oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken and the ability to prioritize a number of conflicting demands to meet exacting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills - can work alongside and gain the trust and respect of stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Credibility and confidence to challenge and propose better ways of doing things as well as build bridges and harmonize divergent interests and priorities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal; excellent presentation and client advisory skill
- Flexibility for limited travel
- Strong spoken and written English
- Spotfire / Tableau skills would be advantageous
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who are eager to be the 'Go To' contact for financial and operational issues while supporting the Service Lines Leaders and act as a trusted business adviser, develop effective working relationships within the Finance team and leadership, becoming a key point of contact.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our professionals can be required to travel regularly, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.