Corporate Finance – Forecasting and Analytics Platform – Vice President
Finance & BM Transformation Overview
The Finance & Business Management (F&BM) Transformation group within the Office of the CFO partners with Financial Analysis, Controllers, and Treasury to build scalable, end-to-end solutions that optimize the use of financial data assets, drive improvement in human capital productivity, innovate to advance platform capabilities & efficiency, and exhibit robust controls while at the same time developing and managing skills of the future development programs to actively engage colleagues across the F&BM organization by upskilling and evolving solutions over a long-term horizon.
We work with every Line of Business across the firm’s $3.1 trillion balance sheet, partnering with respective Finance, Risk, and Technology teams to understand our business needs and collaboratively design solutions. Our businesses include Retail Banking (e.g., Credit Cards, Mortgage, Auto, Deposits), Corporate & Investment Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, as well as the Chief Investment Office.
Our purpose is to innovate, deliver, and apply solutions to challenging problems, and drive sustainable change. We are looking to add new team members that can bring a unique blend of business and technical knowledge & skills to turbo-charge our finance organization. Join our team and transform the way we work to make a difference.
- Partner with Line of Business teams to understand their data, forecasting and analytics needs
- Develop the strategic vision for the firm-wide forecast platform, reshaping it to provide a better user experience and optimize the end-to-end process
- Lead projects to develop new platform capabilities in partnership with our Technology partners and other product teams to
- Develop APIs to enhance accessibility to forecast data and analytics
- Imagine new ways to give business users more access and direct control to the forecast end-to-end process
- Understand the data flows in the platform and how they interact with models and analytics, identifying opportunities for improvement of the existing process
- Degree in finance, economics, computer science , engineering, or related field
- 6 years of work experience developing applications, products or frameworks
- Proven experience developing data pipelines – including databases, message bus, ETL, SQL, OLAP, cleansing, and transformation. Knowledge of typical ‘big data’ technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Kafka is a plus
- Excellent programming skills in Python and API building. Knowledge of other programming languages will be valued
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Demonstrated ability to frame open ended questions, and find creative solutions for them
- General knowledge of forecasting techniques and banking processes is a plus
- Proven experience leading projects under agile principles and SDLC
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly.
- Experience in partnering with business and technology to drive strategic products
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.