Analyst in Quantitative Research (QR) Team
The F&BM Transformation Quantitative Research (QR) Center of Excellence partners with Line of Business and Corporate teams to conduct in-depth statistical and economic analysis on data assets to develop estimation/model methodologies for various business purposes including capital stress testing, budgeting, pricing & optimization, and ad-hoc analytics. The person will analyze existing technical documentation, gain access to estimation input data and assumptions, and experiment to create statistical/mathematical models. The person will also be responsible for creating documentation supporting any newly created approaches and for preparing for independent model reviews. This position provides a rare opportunity for motivated candidates to learn about forecasting methodologies across various banking and markets products and to understand the end-to-end process from estimation design to implementation.
The Finance & Business Management (F&BM) Transformation group within the Office of the CFO (OCFO) partners with Financial Analysis, Treasury and Controllers to build scalable, end-to-end solutions that optimize the use of financial data assets, drive improvement in human capital productivity, advance platform capabilities & efficiency, maximize self-service, and exhibit robust controls while at the same time the F&BM Transformation group develops and manages skills of the future development programs and actively engages colleagues across the organization to upskill to be positioned to evolve solutions over a long-term horizon.
F&BM Transformation collaborates with partners to understand business needs and works with Corporate Technology to design and build capabilities & apply solutions that elevate the way we provide financial & business information and insights across a range of key deliverables inclusive of monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting and capital stress testing, macroeconomic scenario design and execution, and the business development of our financial infrastructure. Further, we work with all Lines of Business across the firm’s ~$3T balance sheet:
- Consumer & Community Banking, which includes Consumer & Business Banking, Home Lending, Credit Card & Auto
- Corporate & Investment Banking, which includes Markets, Investment Banking, Wholesale Payments and Securities Services
- Commercial Banking
- Asset & Wealth Management
- Treasury CIO and Corporate
Our purpose is to innovate & deliver solutions to challenging problems and drive sustainable change, and we are looking to add new team members that can bring a unique blend of business and technical knowledge & skills to turbo-charge our momentum. Join our team and transform the way we work to make a difference.
- Partner with subject matter experts to understand complex business concepts
- Design and develop new estimation methods or re-engineer existing estimation methods to meet business needs
- Document estimation methods as required and manage the end-to-end independent model review process
- Partner to automate estimation methods that have been designed onto the firm’s forecasting platform
- Degree in Statistics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related field; Advanced degree is a plus
- Up to 3 years work experience in statistical modeling, quantitative research, financial analysis, risk management, or related field
- Proven ability to apply mathematical and statistical techniques in the development of models
- Experience in performing large dataset quality checks and analytics using Python, R, and SAS programming skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- General knowledge of banking products and services a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Good organizational, written and communication skills
- Experience in partnering with business and technology to drive strategic projects
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.