Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Analyst will undertake a high-profile role involving exposure to all
areas of the business.
The role will involve working across all aspects of the business including costing, pricing, investment
appraisals, performance analysis, and transaction execution.
- The focus is in partnering with the business to support key initiatives, including but not limited to Financial analysis and investment appraisal on key business investment initiatives
- Business planning, strategy, financial planning and performance analysis
- Providing detailed analysis and advice on acquisitions, divestment, pricing, costing, valuation, project management and transaction execution
- Financial management and control
What we are looking for:
- Planning and performance monitoring
- Improving the current data quality to improve current reporting
- Produce regular performance reporting on actuals, budgets and rolling forecasts, including relevant commentary/insights
- Collaborate with the Commercial Finance Analyst in revenue/margin/contribution reporting, with explanation of performance against budget/forecast, prior performance and market conditions
- Adept at modelling and predictive business/economic research to identify patterns, analyse the market and competitors to identify discrepancies/opportunities in financial activity, including sales, costs, pricing, margins, customer behaviour and the ability/courage to use these analyses to recommend changes of direction to enhance/boost/improve profits.
- Support the CEO to produce the budget and rolling forecasts, including relevant commentary/insights.
- Lead revenue/margin/contribution reporting, with explanation of performance against budget/forecast, prior performance and market conditions.
- The ability to reforecast the in-year expected outcomes in order to highlight future risks and opportunities
- Provide commentary for the monthly business performance review and board reports
- Provide meaningful reporting, analysis and collaborate to produce insight
- Understand the drivers of current performance
- Extrapolate future performance based on scenario planning using internal and external company information
- Working with the business to understand operations and provide value-adding insight
- Improve the data quality in the ERP system by understanding the current processes
- Manage strategic objectives
- Expand on the strategic plan to establish the company’s strategic objectives
- Support the production of commercially viable business cases to deliver the strategic initiatives
- Develop budget deliverables from the strategic initiatives, and manage and track these initiatives
- Finance projects
- Support finance projects as required, including improving management reporting, supporting acquisitions, embracing value-adding digital developments, and seeking operational efficiencies
- Assist the Finance Manager with financial, commercial and strategic support across the business functions
- Ad-hoc activities as required
- Commercially focused finance professional with a pro-active outlook
- First class business partnering skills
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to translate numbers into a business story
- Strong stakeholder management, and the ability to challenge and communicate across all levels of the business/company / stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Infor ERP Cloud Software. Experience with other ERP solutions i.e. Oracle/SAP would be useful
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool e.g. Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, MS PowerBI, Qlikview/Qlik Sense, etc.
What we look for:
We love working with people who are passionate about their job. If you think that you’re a high-flyer
always ready to gain new skills and face professional challenges in an analytical way; appreciate
cooperation within a fantastic team with a great sense of humour, it is a role for you.
- Part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CFA/Qualified by Experience or the desire to study
- Key Competency Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team-working, conflict management and influencing/negotiating with various stakeholders
- Business skills
- Detailed understanding of the organisation’s objectives, operations, market environment and other relevant issues
- Leadership and project management skills
- Leading others, managing resources and delegating effectively. Strategic agility, flexibility and ‘thinking on your feet’
- Communication skills
- Written, oral and presentational skills, including the ability to effectively communicate financial concepts/ideas with colleagues and clients who may not be from finance backgrounds.
- Problem-solving skills
- Taking a critical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Change management skills
- Assessing and facilitating change risk management skills; Understanding the sources of risk, and evaluating risks and opportunities
What’s in it for you:
You will enjoy a competitive financial package. You will join a supportive team that is growing with a
focus on upskilling, mentorship, professional development and growth.
For us to consider your application, you must meet all the legal requirements for this position.
Tamzen Consulting is committed to providing equal opportunities to all.
Apply for Finance Analyst
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly