Progression Coach - Job in Brisbane & Gold Coast - Deception Bay Community Youth Programs
Deception Bay Community Youth Programs
Deception Bay Community Youth Programs (DBCYP) is a community-based organisation that has been operating for 25 years and provides a range of community support programs and services for young people, children and families in Deception Bay and surrounding communities.
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply.
DBCYP promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements.
One of our key service areas is our award-winning Employability Program - Local Pathways to Work. Underpinning the LPW model is a commitment to the importance of sustainable, meaningful work as a means of helping individuals to achieve their life goals. We provide tailored, intensive and holistic support to those who cannot access employment through more mainstream methods.
About The Role
- Report directly to the Team Leader Local Pathways to Work
- Part time position offered at 30 hours per week
- Position ongoing subject to funding availability
The Progression Coach plays a pivotal role in the Local Pathways to Work program (LPW), delivering the Positive Destination course to inspire and skill LPW participants to make progress towards achieving their ambitions and potential. You will join a dedicated and passionate team, committed to supporting people to move closer and into positive destinations, inducing returning to school, further education or employment, and ultimately economic independence
The Progression Coach role is intentionally different to an employment adviser, in that the emphasis is not solely on job outcomes, but on developing resilience and a positive mindset. It requires creative, skilled delivery of tailored psycho-social and positive psychology interventions, through both personalised one-to-one coaching and group activities, supporting participants to realise and appreciate their strengths, and unlock their potential and inner motivation.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Build and maintain relationships with LPW participants to ensure the Positive Destinations program has impact
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues to improve effectiveness of the program
- Ensure that delivery of the Destinations program meets the required standards
- Foster a workplace and service culture that promotes ethical practices, open and honest transparent communication and encourages individual integrity.
Key skills Required
- Relevant qualifications training, coaching, personal development and/or minimum 3 years progressively developed experience of working with vulnerable people delivering psycho-social and positive psychology interventions to overcome barriers and disadvantage
- An understanding of the complex barriers that vulnerable participants face and the services available for them
- A proven coaching or support work abilities related to setting goals and actions that engage people and lead to behaviour change
- Ability to support participants in both a one-to-one setting and by running group work
- Experience of recording data for measuring impact, reporting, analysis and planning
- Persistence, patience and empathy in challenging difficult individuals
- QLD Working with Children Check
- Unrestricted Driver's Licence
For a copy of the Job Description and Application Pack, please contact in confidence Levina Poon, Senior Consultant, Hudson Recruitment (07) 3258 8456 or email Levina.email@example.com using the subject line: Progression Coach enquiry.