7 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
WorldFish is hiring an accountant who will support the Country Director and Project Leaders in Solomon Island in the day to day financial and logistic operations of the country program and in delivering accurate and timely financial reporting to WorldFish headquarters and relevant donors. The Accountant will be supportive and offer training and sound advice the relevant partners, contractors, and consultants. They will also work with implementing partners, donor/funding organizations and government officials, to ensure high-quality and transparent delivery of financial activity and reporting.
- Manage all financial systems as a senior team member in WorldFish Honiara office, supervising junior staff and ensuring a positive team ethos.
- Ensure that project expenses are accounted for accurately in the system, and reported to the donor completely, according to agreed timelines and procedures.
- Handle proper accounting and administration of the General Ledger through posting of accounting journals on daily basis and timely closing of monthly accounts in OCS.
- Support the management of cash transactions on OCS monthly.
- Ensure financial reporting and liquidation in accordance with guidelines and policy of donors, CGIAR and WorldFish.
- Ensure timely administration of payroll, banking, and disbursement services to all personnel whose payroll is administer by Solomon Islands country office.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of bank accounts, project subsidiary ledgers and records to control accounts and with relevant parties, where applicable.
- Maintain and monitor cash flow to ensure adequate fund balance in the bank to run the office including timely fund request to HQ, follow-up, verify and analyze collaborators’, partners’ and consultants’ expense liquidations, and disbursements to collaborators, partners, consultants and service providers.
- Support all relevant units in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Work with senior finance staff at WorldFish headquarters to ensure audit-compliant payment, finance and account keeping systems for the Honiara office.
- Ensure financial records submitted on time using online systems or to donors in compliance with WorldFish/ donor’s Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Assist in project management, project administration and logistics from project initiation to project closure including, but not limited to, maintaining proper project accounting files and master data, maintaining asset registers, responding to external and internal queries.
This job might be for you if you have the following skills and experience
- A full member of an international professional accountancy body, e.g. ACCA, CIMA or similar; or a degree in accountancy with at least 3 years post-graduate experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years is ideally for a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards i.e. IFRS / IAS and donor rules and regulations (USAID / EU) relating to project/program accounting and financial reporting.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with different levels of staff from different cultural and religious backgrounds (in and outside the Solomon Islands).
- Strong sense of professionalism, business ethics and integrity.
- Good command of English (both verbal and written).
- Experience with reputable ERP systems such as Oracle and SAP will be favorably viewed.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Teams applications.
Salary & Benefits
This position is open for national applicants. WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package, including an employer NPF contribution and housing allowance, a non-discriminatory policy.
The position will be based in Honiara, Solomon Islands. The initial employment contract will be for a 2-years period, with possibility for renewal depending on performance of and the availability of funding. Interviews will be held via video conference and the successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be notified.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 30 September 2020.
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- Current curriculum vitae (no longer than 3 pages).
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer, and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. Our Leadership Team is 50/50 in terms of its gender split and 60% of our management cadre are women. We continue to seek diversity and gender balance across other dimensions and we support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and men from developing nations to apply.