Payroll Supervisor - Fantastic Top 20 Chartered Accountants!!
A fantastic Payroll Supervisor opportunity has arisen in Kent to join a highly reputable and growing Top 20 chartered accountancy practice with offices all over Kent! You will form part of the regional team and manage your own portfolio of clients, reporting directly in to the partner.
Our client is a fantastic and very successful Top 20 chartered accountancy practices with offices all over Kent and the UK!
- Ensuring the smooth running of the payroll department, including the review of processes, efficiency, turnaround time and quality of output.
- Being a trusted point of contact for payroll clients and establishing a culture of excellent client service within the team.
- Assisting with the development of the department and growth of business, development of ideas for winning new work.
- Review of payroll but where required, administration of all stages of payroll processing for a bespoke portfolio of weekly and monthly clients
- Set up of new payrolls on SAGE software, send client payroll engagement letters, 64-8 & FB12 forms to HMRC
- Preparation of letters, payroll reports and payslips for submission to clients
- Processing BACS payments from client accounts for employee salaries and HMRC liability payments
- Uploading and processing auto enrolment compatible pension schemes for a variety different pension companies
- Processing of all HMRC RTI submissions in a timely basis
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs when dealing with payroll related queries
- General administrative duties, e.g. photocopying, scanning and filing, responding to letters and emails.
- Liaising with the team and management on a regular basis.
- Team management skills and experience running a team.
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation, including pension auto enrolment
- Able to make manual calculations where necessary
- Ability to communicate with both clients and HMRC
- Experience within a payroll office / bureau or practice environment
- Use of own initiative to follow processes through
- Experience with Sage Payroll software preferred
- IT Literate (MS Word, Outlook and, especially, Excel)
- Good attention to detail
- Organisation/time management
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
£30,000 - £40,000
Fantastic benefits platform
Flexible working pattern