Senior Indirect Tax Consultant
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Belgian Tax and Legal practice consists of more than 700 professionals and plays a leading role in the Belgian market as well in the global Deloitte network. Our professionals are specialized in different domains such as Business Tax, Global Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax and Global Employer services.
With Indirect Tax becoming many governments' preferred method of revenue raising, and evermore-complicated regulations focused on combatting fraud, it is more critical than ever to manage indirect tax compliance and cash flows. Our Belgium Indirect Tax Practice has over 90 indirect tax experts who are well informed and understand the nuances of regulations, the importance of deep industry knowledge and the growing role of technology experience.
We’re looking for candidates to strengthen our team in our offices in Antwerp, Ghent or Zaventem.
- As a Senior VAT Consultant you will be seen by clients as the first contact person regarding to all tax aspects related to VAT by working closely and building excellent relationships with them;
- You will assist and advise clients regarding VAT matters, both national and international. This advice mainly concerns VAT implications on specific structures and operations;
- You will work on assignments involving tax professionals of various member firms within the international Deloitte network
- You will be working in multidisciplinary environment, teaming up with professionals throughout the Tax and Legal practice and with other Deloitte business units
- Together with the other members of the client service teams, you will assure client service delivery according to the Deloitte quality standards;
- You will be involved in actively mentoring and counseling the tax professionals.
- You have a university degree in a business-related discipline such as law or economics, or a comparable background. A post-graduate tax degree is an asset;
- You have gained 3-6 years of relevant experience in a similar position (in a consulting or law firm,…), where you demonstrated technical abilities and business skills;
- You are a team leader with strong communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You have excellent commercial and networking skills;
- You have a good working knowledge of English and Dutch or French;
- It is an asset to have obtained already the title of recognized tax consultant through the IAB-IEC Institute.
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.