Associate Consultant - Fraud Analytics
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Associate Consultant supports the Fraud Analytics work and is responsible for identifying and understanding new and emerging patterns of fraud, both external and internal and also developing complex technical rules to maximize the effectiveness of fraud detection and prevention programs. This is an individual contributor role. He/she will be part of the Model Strategy and Data Analytics Team.
- Works as a Fraud analytics expert who can play a key role in developing and monitoring complex statistical models and rules for fraud detection analytics and/or support system-based fraud analytics tools.
- As part of the operational risk analytics team, develops Fraud Analytics Models and Rules using data mining and/or pertinent machine learning based techniques. Some related operational risk analytics responsibilities are part of the role.
- Works with operational risk and business experts to evaluate existing processes in relation to corporate objectives and industry leading practices. Assesses development needs and manages the process to achieve the desired future state.
- Prepares and summarizes analytical findings, draws conclusions and presents actionable business recommendations.
- Develops and maintains models and metrics, scenarios, profiles and parameters used to improve the efficiency of fraud detection systems.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Ph.D. or Master in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics; advanced degree in quant area
- Or B.tech. from tier 1 college with MBA in related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Crimes including current fraud models, systems, techniques, behaviours.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to isolate and solve issues using large amounts of data
- Process orientation with strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Experience in statistical, data mining and pattern analysis techniques to determine relationships between transactions, customer data and known or predicted fraudulent behaviours. Experience with system implementations highly preferred.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, Python and Advanced Excel) is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Fraud Analytics experience in any industry but preferred BFSI
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.