Senior Consultant Global Trade Advisory
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Belgian Tax and Legal practice consists of more than 700 professionals and plays a leading role in the Belgian market as well in the global Deloitte network. Our professionals are specialized in different domains such as Business Tax, Global Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax and Global Employer services.
We are looking to expand our Tax Department with a:
Senior Consultant Global Trade Advisory
Our Global Trade Advisory (GTA) team help companies to navigate the complex maze of customs and trade rules, manage compliance risks, automate import & export processes and maximize cost and duty savings opportunities associated with the production, transport, import and export of goods around the world.
We offer services in the following main areas, such as:
- Consulting and business model optimization on tariff classification, country of origin, valuation of imports / exports, excises, duty reliefs, duty preferences / optimization schemes and the like;
- Global trade governance modeling, establishing standard operating procedures and work instructions, incl. AEO readiness governance;
- Business transformation from a global trade point of view;
- Trade compliance & controversy services;
- Sanctions and export controls;
- Global Trade Automation, incl. state-of-the art disruptive technology (blockchain and artificial intelligence solutions).
- Our clients are active in all economic sectors, including public administrations and non-profit organizations.
- As a GTA Experienced (Senior) Consultant, you assist and advise clients on national and international customs & global trade matters, both on strategic as on implementation level;
- You are involved in the execution of larger transformation projects where you work alongside specialists from other disciplines within Deloitte and in close cooperation with the client's financial, logistics & tax staff;
- You are involved in management of a varied portfolio of client assignments, participating in client meetings, and developing your relationships with your clients;
- You identify areas where technical judgment is required and recommend appropriate solutions;
- You are working alongside specialists from Tax, Consulting and Risk Advisory business units;
- You work in client teams where you report to managers, directors and/or partners.
- You have a master degree in law or economics, or equivalent by experience. A post-graduate qualification in tax law is a strong asset;
- You are able to communicate fluently in Dutch, French and English;
- You have excellent communication skills, and the mindset of an entrepreneur;
- You have 2-5 years of relevant experience in a similar position (in a consulting or a law firm, at the Tax Authorities, in the industry…);
- You have a good knowledge of global trade processes;
- You possess high level analytical skills;
- You have an open, creative, enthusiastic and flexible mindset;
- You are a team player with leadership capabilities.
We offer you
- A young, dynamic and international working environment;
- Opportunities to grow together with the organization;
- Outstanding and continuous learning programme;
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package;
- A great team of international multi-cultural and multi-lingual colleagues.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.