Billing Risk Manager, AVP
Who we are looking for
The Finance Global Billing Organization (GBO) is seeking a risk manager (located in Boston) to support State Street’s evolving billing risk and controls agenda across billing processes enterprise wide. They will partner closely with the Global Billing Organization’s Management Team, State Street Business Units, and the Finance Business Controls Team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Billing Risk Management, AVP you will
- Partner with GBO and Business Unit Management to:
- Assess the design of billing controls after system, process and/or org model changes
- Understand and report State Street’s billing risk exposure holistically
- Provide direction and leadership in the end to end incidents and issues management processes for billing:
- Serve as reviewer of incidents and issues
- Liaise with stakeholders to drive sustainable remediation of issues
- Carry out monitoring activities around incidents and issues
- Perform incident and issue analytic processes with a focus on understanding root cause and impacted controls / control gaps. This may require facilitating meetings between GBO leads and the BU
- Re-enforce an inherent culture of accountability and ownership for implementation and execution of controls across all levels and functions within the organization
- Lead and/or actively participate in the resolution of systemic risk issues
- Build strong relationships with other teams including Global Billing Organization’s Management Team, State Street Business Units, and the Finance Business Controls Team
- Perform other duties as required
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- 8+ years of related experience (Internal Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk or Big 4 experience)
- Knowledgeable about processes, risks and controls design
- Knowledge of financial services industry, finance and billing processes preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication, influencing and collaboration skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and goals
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.