Real Estate Accounting - Team Leader
Join this growing team where you will work with State Street teams from around the world to support premier real estate fund accounting clients. We are a high-visibility team that is passionate about building creative solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers. This is a dynamic, flexible and exciting environment.
In this role you are the first line of defense in surfacing any potentially risky activity, and will work collaboratively with team members to ensure data accuracy. You will have immediate responsibility to lead day-to-day accounting and finance responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintaining the general ledger for various fund entities
- Preparing supporting work papers for financial documents, portfolio schedules, bank reconciliations and capital account allocations
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Analyzing financial data based on requests from the client, investors and auditors
- Calculating fees (i.e. management fees, acquisition fees, etc.) and investor notices (capital call, fee, and distribution notices)
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the various fund structures and limited partnership agreements
- Completing special projects as requested
What Do We Need From You?
Experience within public accounting or General Ledger experience within private industry
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and organization skills with proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverable
- Oracle or similar ERP software familiarity preferred
- CPA track preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.